Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh No, Not Again!

Dammit!  They evil empire that runs Blogger YET AGAIN pulled my advertising privileges.

I'm not even going to mention their name (We'll call them Scroogle) or their ad program, because the last time I did, it messed with the search engine numbers on my old blog. Yes, if you speak ill of the corporation that does "no evil", you will be silenced.

No sooner did I establish a new account than I got this email:

"While going through our records recently, we found that your A******e account has posed a significant risk to our A*****s advertisers. Since keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account. Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the interests of both our advertisers and our other A*****e publishers. We realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation"


Alright, what did I do now?  Last time around this happened, my viewers had allegedly gone click happy on the ads.  I never clicked on my own ads, but you know….I can't keep track of everyone else's comings and goings.  

But what set them off this time?  Was it the swearing?  It was the swearing, right?  What else could it have been?  A post that bashed B&H Photo?  Hmmm…. Perhaps.  I even established an entirely new email identity, but these guys took me down in like 2 posts.  Apparently, I am Persona Non Grata in the Scroogle Universe.


And once again, when they remove the ads, you're left with a big, gaping hole below the first post on your site.  So thanks for that, dickheads.

BTW, what the hell does "going through our records" mean anyways?  Do they have someone on the payroll whose job it is to read stupid blogs like mine?  And I hate the phrase "thank you in advance".  I wouldn't use it unless I'm going out of my way to be a complete jerk.  Hey Scroogle, go f*ck yourself in advance.  At least now I won't be walking on eggshells when it comes to content and my unabashed consumer watchdog reviews.

OK, so f them.  I don't need no stinkin' Netflix and Icelandic Air ads crummying things up.  I'm calling on all my web savvy and financially savvy friends out there to help me out.  How can I get some legit advertisers on my site?  I'm looking for companies that want to place their ads on a site where 90% of the content is from a borderline neglectful dad who writes about stupid crap in Fairfield County and uses the occasional swear word.  If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.  I'd like to keep things on this Blogger site for ease of use.  Unless they throw me off, which could happen any day now.

Thanks in advance.  No, really.  Thanks.

1 comment: